Health First Colorado is the official name for the Medicaid program in Colorado. This program is designed to provide health care coverage to people with low income, including pregnant women, children, adults with disabilities, and elderly people. If you are eligible for Health First Colorado, you can receive a wide range of medical services, including doctor visits, hospital care, prescription drugs, laboratory tests, and more. In this article, we’ll break down the different services and coverage that Health First Colorado offers.
Health First Colorado offers a range of medical services for its beneficiaries. These services include:
1. Ambulatory care: This includes doctor visits and outpatient medical care.
2. Emergency services: This includes emergency room treatment for serious medical conditions.
3. Hospital care: This includes inpatient hospital care, such as surgeries and procedures.
4. Prescription drugs: This includes medications prescribed by a doctor, including those that treat chronic conditions.
5. Laboratory tests: This includes diagnostic tests, such as blood tests and x-rays.
6. Behavioral health and substance use disorder services: This includes mental health counseling and drug and alcohol treatment.
Coverage for Children
Health First Colorado offers comprehensive coverage for children, including:
1. Well-child visits: These visits include medical and developmental screenings to ensure that children are healthy and meeting developmental milestones.
2. Immunizations: Vaccinations for children to prevent serious illnesses.
3. Vision and hearing screenings: Regular screenings to identify any problems with a child’s vision or hearing.
4. Dental services: This includes preventive dental care, such as cleanings and fluoride treatments, as well as restorative services, such as fillings and extractions.
Coverage for Adults
Health First Colorado provides coverage to adults with disabilities, as well as low-income adults without disabilities. Some of the medical services offered to adults include:
1. Mental health services: This includes counseling and medication management for mental illnesses.
2. Long-term care: This includes nursing home care, as well as in-home care and support services.
3. Vision and hearing services: This includes screenings and treatment for vision and hearing problems.
4. Dental services: This includes preventive and restorative dental care.
To be eligible for Health First Colorado, you must meet certain income requirements. The program is available to low-income individuals and families, pregnant women, children, and people with disabilities. Eligibility is determined by household income, family size, and other factors. To apply for Health First Colorado, you can visit your local Department of Health Care Policy & Financing office, or apply online through the Colorado PEAK website.
In conclusion, Health First Colorado is a valuable resource for people with low incomes who are in need of medical care. With comprehensive coverage and a wide range of medical services, Health First Colorado helps ensure that everyone has access to the healthcare they need. If you are eligible for this program, be sure to take advantage of the services and coverage available to you.